Types of Information Gathered from Website Visitors
Like most website operators, as you navigate the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as your browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting this non-personally-identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our website. This information helps us improve our Website and deliver a better user experience, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our Website.
We may also collect potentially personally-identifying information about you and the details of your visit to our Website, including location data, the resources that you use and access on our Website, and information about your computer and internet connection, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and operating system. This information also helps us improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to store information about your preferences, speed up your searches, and recognize when you return to our Website. We only disclose potentially personally-identifying information under the same circumstances as we do with respect to personally-identifying information as described below.
The technologies we use for data collection may include the following:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see "Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information," below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, and to gather other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Certain visitors to our Website choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who wish to receive more information about our senior living options to provide a name, telephone number, and email address.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personally-identifying and/or potentially personally-identifying information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the terms and conditions set forth on our Website and/or in other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our employees, our clients, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Contact Us. To make specific requests or inquiries related to your personal information, including to review or change particular personal information, you may contact us directly by telephone at (618) 288-5014 or using the Contact Form under the “Contact” tab on the homepage of our Website.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information and potentially personally-identifying information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites